Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Matt

no leída,
3 abr 2009, 16:46:363/4/09
a taskspooler
Hi, is is possible to have ts manage jobs across multiple networked
computers? I've tried changing the TS_SOCKET environment variable to
a shared location among the multiple systems, (mounting over nfs).
Unfortunately this does not give the behaviour I was looking for. I'd
like
to be able to submit jobs to one machine and have all of the machines
grab jobs from the same queue, (i.e. simple cluster type model).

Thanks

Lluís Batlle

no leída,
4 abr 2009, 10:07:134/4/09
a tasks...@googlegroups.com
There are other programs to set up such a queue among different
machines, but they require a special installation. And until 'ts', I
only knew those systems, to set up any queue (even for a single
machine).

There is a GNU program for network queues of jobs, whose name I can't
recall. It's a GNU port of a popular old system, I think, but it
requires daemons in the network machines, ...

If you can't find it, ping here again, and I'll look for it.

Good luck!
2009/4/3 Matt <mattb...@gmail.com>:

Lluís Batlle

no leída,
2 oct 2009, 14:30:242/10/09
a tasks...@googlegroups.com
I can't remember a name that looked like 'gnat' (that is the GNU Ada
compiler), but was related to network batchs.

There is also GNU Queue, and OpenPBS, for those I've found most popular.

(I just saw this thread, and decided to add something)

2009/4/4 Lluís Batlle <viri...@gmail.com>:
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar