[0.7.6] TMPDIR, output files, ideas

Aleksander Mistewicz

Jul 22, 2016, 1:32:05 PM7/22/16
to taskspooler
Hello,

I was about to propose a patch for TMPDIR, but it has been done already:
79b87e385bc5 (Make ts respect TMPDIR for output files. It was using hardcoded /tmp.)
I would appreciate a new release to include it.

I have prepared two patches for now.
First creates a directory specified by TMPDIR and introduces a return value to create_socket_path() to indicate an error if one occurs.
Second is just a follow up of previous one to make use of a return value.

And some ideas to discuss:
  1. default 0644 mode for output files. It can be specified via command line argument or environment variable.
  2. negative argument of "ts -c" should show output of a job `n` before last. (example: "tsp -c -2" shows an output of a job 2 before last).
  3. job dependencies between queues, although it would probably break simplicity of task-spooler.
Regards,
Alex
0001-create-tmpdir.patch
0002-malloc-error.patch