التخطي إلى أول رسالة غير مقروءة

orekdm

غير مقروءة،
13‏/07‏/2011، 7:07:11 م13‏/7‏/2011
إلى taskspooler
I think I may have already solved this, but I figured it was worth
asking. Is it possible to use labels to define separate priority
queues with ts? For instance, if I used the labels "High", "Medium"
and "Low" could I assign different scheduling priorities based on the
labels?

I think the answer is probably no, and that the best workaround would
be to use different system users running different ts instances to
accommodate these different queues.

My intent is to use ts to manage several queues of rolling
vulnerability scans against our environment and have the need to
establish several priorities amongst the queues.

Thanks,

Keith Miller

Lluís Batlle i Rossell

غير مقروءة،
18‏/07‏/2011، 10:50:01 ص18‏/7‏/2011
إلى tasks...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 04:07:11PM -0700, orekdm wrote:
> I think I may have already solved this, but I figured it was worth
> asking. Is it possible to use labels to define separate priority
> queues with ts? For instance, if I used the labels "High", "Medium"
> and "Low" could I assign different scheduling priorities based on the
> labels?

No, it does not have priority queues.

> I think the answer is probably no, and that the best workaround would
> be to use different system users running different ts instances to
> accommodate these different queues.

I was about to suggest that.

> My intent is to use ts to manage several queues of rolling
> vulnerability scans against our environment and have the need to
> establish several priorities amongst the queues.

Maybe the jobs in each ts queue could check if the other queue is void, and
block if that is not void.

I think 'ts -s' should be safe, but I'd prefer to double-check.

Sorry to have seen this message just now.

Regards,
Llu�s.

الرد على الكل
رد على الكاتب