How to run a script after ts jobs have finished?

Diego Fajardo

Apr 8, 2019, 6:01:32 PM4/8/19
to taskspooler
So here's my question.
I need to run a script that will use the results of the previous set of jobs I submitted to ts.

So, suppose I have five scripts I submitted to ts (a.sh, b.sh, c.sh, d.sh, e.sh). I do not know which of the 5 submitted jobs is going to finish first or last. Which means I cannot submit a job after "e.sh" using "&&", since "e.sh" is not necessarily the last to finish.

I found a way around it, but I was wondering if there's a flag or command to submit a job to run a script if ts is idle and the queue is empty and all the jobs have finished.

Thanks and this is a great tool!!!

Raúl Salinas-Monteagudo

Apr 9, 2019, 5:00:37 AM4/9/19
to tasks...@googlegroups.com
Unless you set parallel execution (not the default), the jobs will finish in the order you issued them to taskspooler, so that you are guaranteed that e.sh will be the last to finish if you issued it last.
Maybe you can describe your scenario a bit more precisely.  Might be that a single script grouping calls to all your scripts could be enough?  Or even a Makefile could enable you to use parallelism while taking care of dependencies.
Raúl Salinas