reruning the task spooler

Emilio

Aug 11, 2010, 6:12:32 AM8/11/10
to taskspooler
Hi.

I have two question.

I created a task spooler with 10 jobs, i can see that all the jobs are
finished, i would like if i can define wit ts binary or other method
rerun the pool of task. I need that the task spooler ended and after
rerun always

2º Are there some method to say to ts binary that reschedule a job
with ID 3, for example, every two minutes or ts binary execute the
jobs sequential?

Thanks

Lluís Batlle

Oct 23, 2010, 2:57:54 PM10/23/10
to tasks...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I did not notice your question until today.

2010/8/11 Emilio <emilio.cam...@gmail.com>:

> Hi.
>
> I have two question.
>
> 1º
> I created a task spooler with 10 jobs, i can see that all the jobs are
> finished, i would like if i can define wit ts binary or other method
> rerun the pool of task. I need that the task spooler ended and after
> rerun always

'ts' does not allow rerunning. You should implement that with a
script, and calling ts eventually.

> 2º Are there some method to say to ts binary that reschedule a job
> with ID 3, for example,  every two minutes or ts binary execute the
> jobs sequential?

There is no way to reschedule. The 'ts' processes that run the job die
at job end, and then there is no way to get back to the contex.

What is your use case? Maybe we can help with some scripting?

Emilio Campos

Oct 25, 2010, 3:15:33 AM10/25/10
to tasks...@googlegroups.com
HI LLuis.

My case: At the moment I am developing a load balancer, there is a
section in the balancer (check script) "FarmGuardian Section in my
project", I would like develope a scheduler for this actions as Nagios
scheduler, Do you know? these scheduler can run scripts every "X"
minutes, once by cicles, and the scheduler can read system parameter
for use more resources, the user can work with this sheduler,
modifiying, adding, deleting task... I readed about your product but I
think that It should be modified for this functionalities..

I am thinking that script implementation is not solution for this,
because the LB require be quickly in execution.. I was thinking in C
implementation.

At the moment and temporaly I am checking without scheduler, I
implemented a service running with a while bucle, I think it is a bad
election, I would like use something similar 'ts'.

Thanks and Regards!

You can see the project in the my signature..

--
http://zenloadbalancer.sourceforge.net
Open Source Project