Does the TaskJuggler UI for KDE still exist?

Olav Schettler

Apr 20, 2021, 11:00:59 AM4/20/21
to TaskJuggler Users
Hi,

I am new to taskjuggler. I have created a .tjp file with ~100 tasks as plan for my project and have generated some Gantt reports in HTML from it by using my command line installation of tj 3.7.1. I like the textual format very much.

The reports, however, make it difficult to communicate to peers. I am missing a means to fold the container tasks in the work breakdown structure so that I can present a high level overview of my project. I have not found such an option in the documentation.

Is there a way to enable folding in HTML reports that I have overlooked?

Cheers,
-- Olav

Mathieu Clabaut

Apr 21, 2021, 4:56:36 AM4/21/21
to taskjugg...@googlegroups.com

You can use hidetask isleaf() in your report definition to hide all leave tasks or more complex selection.
For example I use :

hidetask ignore_in_report | (isleaf() & ~ischildof(data.jalons))

To hide all tasks tagged ignore_in_report, all leave tasks except for jalons.

-Mathieu

Olav Schettler

Apr 22, 2021, 3:45:04 AM4/22/21
to taskjugg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mathieu,

thank you for your answer. I will generate multiple reports with different levels of details based on your example.

I was hoping for an option to interactively open and close subtrees in the HTML report. There are some provisions in the existing reports to hover over entries but I understand that currently no option exists to interactively drill into a task and its subtasks like so:

outliner-wbs.gif

Best,
-- Olav

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "TaskJuggler Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/taskjuggler-users/CADffTs5mKYDAmxPeoqVXOmHeQhrfLU4rZ37t_FW%2Bn-J8U2TuUw%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Dr. Olav Schettler
Pipinstr. 14 | D-53111 Bonn | Germany