Restrict resource count in effort-based scheduling

Felix Schlitter

Aug 25, 2019, 2:34:21 PM8/25/19
to TaskJuggler Users
Hey,

I am just getting started with TaskJuggler and I am wondering if there is a way to limit the number of allocated resources for effort based tasks.
I am looking at using TaskJuggler for a software project and often it does not make sense to split a single task across multiple developers, even if the task itself can take a day or two.
Is there a way to configure TaskJuggler to only allocate a single resource per task, even if effort based?

Thank you,

Felix

Michael Schmeißer

Aug 26, 2019, 7:35:08 AM8/26/19
to TaskJuggler Users
Hey Felix,

Yes, there is indeed: Use the persistent attribute with the allocate statement.

Best regards,
Michael

Felix Schlitter

Aug 26, 2019, 12:59:48 PM8/26/19
to taskjugg...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, the persistent keyword in combination with the alternative keyword did the trick.