Linking to detailed work package reference in tj reports

tbra...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2021, 11:34:47 AM12/2/21
to TaskJuggler Users
Hi,
I am basically using a modified version of the report definitions in the tutorial file.
I'm trying to create a web report in which the top task levels (WBS 1, 2, 3, etc.) descriptions or "name" is a hyperlink a separate html page with detailed information about the task. The information might include blueprints or chemical safety sheets for example.

What would be the most juggler-istic* way to do this? (*Trying to adapt the term "pythonic" to the context of taskjuggler) Or, has anyone had experience trying to do something similar like attaching references to tasks?

Can I embed a hyperlink into the "name" parameter? If so, how? OR do I create a custom attribute which I reference in the report definition? OR other suggestions?

Thanks in advance
-Tim
Message has been deleted

tbra...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2021, 4:41:46 PM12/2/21
to TaskJuggler Users
I think this page from the docs answers my question. https://taskjuggler.org/manual/property_extend.html

For posterity, here is what I have done (again highly leaning upon the tutorial sample report!):
In the project header section...
extend task {
      reference Taskpage "WP Description" {inherit}

Taskpage is my hyperlinked document with reference materials that can be referenced in the task "environment"

Invoke in a task...
task foo "foo" {
       allocate groucho
       effort 1d
       Taskpage "http://www.myspace.com/" {label "Wait MySpace is actually still a website!"}
}

In one of my reports, I add it to the task tip (instead of listing it in the bsi table as I was originally thinking)
tooltip istask() -8<- "<-query-attribute='Taskpage'->" ... ->8-