Get a list of all reports

Christian Egli

Mar 11, 2013, 10:51:53 AM3/11/13
to taskjugg...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

I'm the author of the taskjuggler exporter of orgmode. It basically
lets you export a tjp file from an orgmode buffer. In my (biased) view
an ideal combination.

For TaskJuggler 2.4 I could export a tjp file and then from Emacs invoke
TaskJugglerGUI with the resulting tjp file. This allowed the user to
directly open the exported project plan.

Now for tj3 where the reports are defined as HTML files I don't see a
way to export a tjp file, run tj3 on it and then directly open the
generated reports without either

- parsing the report definition
- or parsing the output tj3

Is there a way to query tj3 to ask it for the main report or all the
reports so I could open these automatically in a browser?

Thanks
Christian

--
Christian Egli

-----
Die neue Online-Bibliothek der SBS: Mit wenigen Klicks zum Buch unter http://online.sbs.ch

Frank

Mar 11, 2013, 11:09:55 AM3/11/13
On 13-03-11 10:51 AM, Christian Egli wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm the author of the taskjuggler exporter of orgmode. It basically
> lets you export a tjp file from an orgmode buffer. In my (biased) view
> an ideal combination.
>
> For TaskJuggler 2.4 I could export a tjp file and then from Emacs invoke
> TaskJugglerGUI with the resulting tjp file. This allowed the user to
> directly open the exported project plan.
>
> Now for tj3 where the reports are defined as HTML files I don't see a
> way to export a tjp file, run tj3 on it and then directly open the
> generated reports without either
>
> - parsing the report definition
> - or parsing the output tj3
>
> Is there a way to query tj3 to ask it for the main report or all the
> reports so I could open these automatically in a browser?
>
> Thanks
> Christian

Christian,
Thanks for doing this with Org-mode...

Frank

--
Frank Breen, PG
Hydrogeologist

ph: (906) 248-5682
cell: (906) 322-2605
fax: (800) 471-4855

f...@breengeosci.com

This message and any attachments may contain confidential information protected by the attorney-client or other privilege.
If you believe that it has been sent to you in error, please reply to the sender that you received the message in
error. Then delete it. Thank you.

Chris Schlaeger

Mar 31, 2013, 8:32:17 AM3/31/13

On Mar 11, 2013 3:51 PM, "Christian Egli" <christi...@sbs.ch> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I'm the author of the taskjuggler exporter of orgmode. It basically
> lets you export a tjp file from an orgmode buffer. In my (biased) view
> an ideal combination.
>
> For TaskJuggler 2.4 I could export a tjp file and then from Emacs invoke
> TaskJugglerGUI with the resulting tjp file. This allowed the user to
> directly open the exported project plan.
>
> Now for tj3 where the reports are defined as HTML files I don't see a
> way to export a tjp file, run tj3 on it and then directly open the
> generated reports without either
>
> - parsing the report definition
> - or parsing the output tj3
>
> Is there a way to query tj3 to ask it for the main report or all the
> reports so I could open these automatically in a browser?

tj3client already has a '--list-reports ...' option, but it requires a running tj3d. It's probably trivial to add such an option to tj3 if that works for you.

Chris

Christian Egli

Apr 2, 2013, 6:15:11 AM4/2/13
to Chris Schlaeger, taskjugg...@googlegroups.com
Chris Schlaeger <ch...@linux.com> writes:

> tj3client already has a '--list-reports ...' option, but it requires a
> running tj3d. It's probably trivial to add such an option to tj3 if
> that works for you.

I discovered that I can achieve the same effect using a work around
where I define a directory foo for the reports (using --output-dir=foo)
and then just open foo/*.html. So this option is no longer that
important to me.

What would be great however is an option '--list-main-reports' which
would give me the main report(s), i.e. the overview pages that link to
the other reports. For this you would probably have to traverse some
kind of dependency graph of the reports. Don't know if this would be
possible.

Chris Schlaeger

Apr 7, 2013, 11:15:49 AM4/7/13

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Christian Egli <christi...@sbs.ch> wrote:
What would be great however is an option '--list-main-reports' which
would give me the main report(s), i.e. the overview pages that link to
the other reports. For this you would probably have to traverse some
kind of dependency graph of the reports. Don't know if this would be
possible.

What do you mean by dependency graph? I've added the --list-reports options to tj3 now. It will give you a list of all report IDs, the formats and the file names (without extension). All reports that have html formats are probably the main reports you are looking for.

  tj3 your_project.tjp --silent --no-reports --list-reports '.*'

Should do the trick. Latest version from git is required for now. Let me know if that works for you.

Chris

gra...@harris.net.nz

Aug 25, 2020, 10:34:33 PM8/25/20
to TaskJuggler Users
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but thought it better seen in context.
$ tj3 kbuild.tjp
builds perfectly
$ tj3 kbuild.tjp --silent --no-reports --list-reports *
fails with 'account.tji~:4: Error: Account cost has already been defined.
account cost "Project Cost"'
Actually neither --silent nor --no-reports matter, the error comes from  --list-reports *

gra...@harris.net.nz

Aug 25, 2020, 10:37:15 PM8/25/20
to TaskJuggler Users
I just notived I had omitted 'single quotes' around the * and a . preceding it.
This worked:
 $ tj3 kbuild.tjp --silent --no-reports --list-reports '.*'

With 'single quotes', without the ., I get a crash "You have triggered a bug in TaskJuggler version 3.7.1!"
but not one that matters to me now.