Use timesheet to adjust a scenario

Grégoire Jadi

Mar 23, 2021, 4:23:45 AM3/23/21
to taskjugg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've started to use taskjuggler, and I was wondering if it was possible
to use the timesheet to adjust a planned scenario.

Something like:

allocate r1 "Resource 1"

# t1 -> t2 -> t3
task t1 {
start 2021-03-01
allocate r1
effort 3d
}
task t2 {
allocate r1
effort 4d
depends !t1
}
task t3 {
allocate r1
effort 2d
depends !t2
}

# 1st week booked by r1
timesheet r1 2021-03-01-01:00 +1w {
task t1 {
work 5d
remaining 2d
status red "Ooopsie way harder than I thought :("
}
}

Is there a way to report an adjusted plan according to the delay
reported in the timesheet of r1? Or do I need to adjust the effort or
end date of t1 manually?

I read the documentation of the timesheet, export, include,
etc. commands but I couldn't figure out how to use them to achieve that.

Thanks for your answer and many thanks for this software.

Best,

--
gjadi
PGP : AF26 E9C2 A1C8 8D32 A868 4386 1373 5477 2B65 1894

Grégoire Jadi

Mar 24, 2021, 9:26:38 AM3/24/21
to taskjugg...@googlegroups.com
Hmm sorry, I should have read the documentation more carefully. I now
understand that this is done via booking statements.

So my current understanding is:

1. prepare a plan
2. freeze the plan by projecting some booking information with --freeze
(save it for later)
3. generate timesheet (using timesheetreport) that will be filled by
workers
4. compare the timesheet reported with --warn-ts-delta and check the
status information
5. update plan accordingly

My current question is on step (5). Do I need to update the booking to
match the timesheet information gathered manually or is there a way to
generate the booking information from the timesheet?

If I add booking to the project and then shift the `now` date forward,
then the plan is recalcultated.

My understanding of the timesheet documentation is that it should be
possible with the `export` to generate the `booking` but I couldn't find
a way to do it. Also I believe that the timesheet should produce
bookings internally for the trackingscenario but I don't observe that.

I'll continue my testing.
signature.asc