Splitting chargeset account by resource

tbra...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2021, 5:02:03 PM12/2/21
to TaskJuggler Users
Hi again.
Different topic: Is there a way to either:
  • always charge a certain resource to a specific account regardless of task or;
  • assign multiple chargeset by resource within a task?
Here's a hypothetical example:
I am trying to make a pizza. I have a resource "pizza baker" who costs $15/hr and I have an oven which costs $1/hr to operate. I want to be able to separate my labor expenses from my overhead operating expenses. Is there a way to assign the oven to an "overhead" account and the pizza baker to a "labor" account for later processing?

When I try to insert chargeset labor into the resource definition, I get the message, "Error: The account labor cannot aggregate amounts related to resources." ...I also define a rate for the resource, if that makes a difference.
https://taskjuggler.org/tj3/manual/resource.html shows that chargeset is an attribute of a resource. So, I expect to be able to assign a chargeset in the resource definition.

When I try something like allocate oven {chargeset overhead} I get
 Error: Unexpected token 'chargeset' found. Expecting one of 'alternative', 'limits', 'select', 'persistent', 'mandatory', 'shift', 'shifts', '}'

Am I misinterpreting something? Can this sort of account assignment be done?