Allocating resources to container task

Johan Ekh

Feb 20, 2023, 5:30:37 AM2/20/23
to TaskJuggler Users
Dear all

I'm trying to solve an issue that appears simple but I cannot figure it out. What I want to do is to allocate a specific resource that is mandatory for all the subtasks and also allocate specific resources needed for each subtask.

task assembly "Assembly on Station"
     allocate assemblyStation1 {mandatory}
      task subAssembly1 "Sub Assembly 1"
           allocate assembler-1
      task subAssembly2 "Sub Assembly 2"
           allocate assembler-2
      task subAssembly3 "Sub Assembly 3"
           allocate assembler-3
           depends subAssembly1, subAssembly2

Thus, assemblyStation1 needs to be available for all subtasks. Subtasks 1 & 2 can be done in parallel and subtask 3 can only start after completion of subtasks 1 & 2.

The pseudo code above would execute all 3 subtasks in series since they all inherit the allocation of the assemblyStation1 which is not what I want. If I use "purge allocation" on e.g. subtask 1, it can be executed without assemblyStation being available which is not what I want either.

Is there any way around this to achieve what I want?

BR / Johan

Wolfram Wagner

Feb 21, 2023, 11:39:30 AM2/21/23
to taskjugg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Johan
Maybe not a solution, just a statement.

I wonder what a solution may be. Seemingly assemblyStation1 has two
workplaces. You might create sub-resources for each workplace? So that
each Sub Assembly would get its own?

resource assemblyStation1 “Assembly Station1” {
ressource as1Workplace1 "AS1 Workplace 1"
ressource as1Workplace2 "AS1 Workplace 2"
}

Have you tried to set efficiency to 0.0 because it does not work?
Maybe?

resource assemblyStation1 “Assembly Station1” {
efficiency 0.0
}

I don't know.

BR/ Wolfram