Display 100% completed milestones differently on a Report?

Mickey Muldoon

Jun 14, 2021, 1:24:19 PM6/14/21
to TaskJuggler Users
I'm working on a fairly standard Gantt report like what's shown in the tutorials.

A lot of the tasks in the report are interpreted as milestones, as they don't have start and end dates or durations. In reality they're short tasks that take trivial time to complete and can be done at any point. That's fine. Right now they get scheduled at the project start time by default so they show all the way on the left of the Gantt chart.

Some of these tasks are completed. My tjp file shows them as "complete 100". However, I don't see any visual indication on the report that they look any different than the incomplete tasks. How can I change that so I can easily distinguish on the report which tasks are done vs not done? I understand that the focus of the Gantt report is timing and dependencies but I would still also like a view of completion. The user manual page on the "complete" keyword wasn't terribly helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm doing a complex personal project and having TaskJuggler (compiling through Emacs org-mode) has mostly been exactly what I needed to visualize the timeline.

-Mickey

tbra...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2021, 5:22:53 PM12/2/21
to TaskJuggler Users
I know this is well after the original post, but in an effort to contribute, I think you can change the font color of the completed milestones using a macro like so:
macro ms_complete [
  fontcolor isleaf() & (plan.completed >= 99) "#00D000" # green
]
**you could also apply a background color if you want even more contrast by adding
cellcolor isleaf() & (plan.completed >=99) "#RRGGBB" #whatever color you want

Then in your report you would call the macro in one of the table columns. For example:
columns bsi { title 'WBS' }, name { ${ms_complete} }, start, end, effort, complete,
          chart { ...}

I don't know how to change the symbols on the chart. I think you need to do some back-end source code or image library modification for that, but maybe there's a hook somewhere to tweak those symbols within a tji file.