TaskJuggler 2.x is now officially discontinued

Chris Schlaeger

Nov 11, 2011, 5:42:27 AM11/11/11
to taskjuggle...@googlegroups.com
Hi TaskJuggler Users!

The last 2 weeks were very exciting. After the release of TaskJuggler
3.0.0 the total TaskJuggler gem downloads broke the 15000 mark. For a
software that is targeted at a fairly small audience this is a major
achievement! Within the first week TaskJuggler 3.0.0 hit the 1000
download mark. So far, we only got a single bug report for this
release.

With that, I'm confident that TaskJuggler 3.0.0 has defined the next
level of project management. If you are still using TaskJuggler 2.x,
you are free to do so. What has worked for you so far, will probably
continue to work. But please understand that we don't have the
resources to further support TaskJuggler 2.x. There will be no further
release and no more bug fixes. The new web site does not link to any
of the TaskJuggler 2.x data anymore. It is still there if you know the
link, but will probably disappear at some point in the future. I will
also not answer any more support requests for TaskJuggler 2.x.
Instead, I will use that time to improve TaskJuggler 3.x even further.

On that note, I added account report support last night. One less
reason to stick with TaskJuggler 2.x.

Chris