TaskJuggler III 0.0.8 has been released

Chris Schlaeger

Nov 25, 2010, 3:02:50 AM11/25/10
to taskjuggle...@googlegroups.com
Hi TaskJuggler Users!

I'm happy to announce the release of TaskJuggler III 0.0.8. The theme
of this release is speed, speed and speed. It does include a number of
important bug fixes and some minor feature updates. But most of the
changes were made to make it faster. The parser and report generator
have been large reworked and now run significantly faster. The speedup
depends on the actual project but a 2 - 3x performance increase is not
uncommon. To get the full advantage of the speed improvements Ruby
1.9.2 is required.

The most important reason why TJ3 isn't stable yet, is that I don't
want to change the syntax in a non-backwards-compatible way after the
3.0 release. So far, I have received very little feedback on the
syntax. Maybe it's already all consistent, logical, easy to read and
provides enough room for growth in the future. But maybe not. If you
find something that you think needs to be changed before the 3.0
release, please speak up now!

To install TaskJuggler 0.0.8, please follow the instructions in the
manual: http://www.taskjuggler.org/tj3/manual/Installation.html#Installation

For problems or questions, please go to the user forum:
http://groups.google.com/group/taskjuggler-users. This is the place
where users help other users. You can go there to get help, but please
stay around and help others as you get more experienced.

Bugs should be reported here: http://groups.google.com/group/taskjuggler-bugs

When posting to the TJ mailing lists, please send regular emails to
the corresponding list email addresses listed on the page. Try to
avoid using the Google Groups web front-end as it does not support
attachments. Example projects should always be attached and not pasted
into the email to prevent them from getting corrupted by line breaks
and other formatting corruption that Gmail and MTAs like MS Exchange
apply to the mail body.

Chris