Hi TaskJuggler Users,
This release took a little longer to bake due to a change of jobs on my end. The long wait comes with some long wanted features like hammock tasks. Many error messages were made clearer and are hopefully now more informative. We also made the switch to Ruby 2.0 as recommended Ruby version. 1.9 is still fully supported and even 1.8.7 and later work with some restrictions.
Here is a list of the new features:
* Only include scenario in error messages when using multiple scenarios.
* Hammock tasks are now supported.
* Adding search field to the online user manual.
* List contended resources and tasks for runaway tasks.
* Queries can now access attributes of parent properties.
* Adding support for new custom attribute type 'number'.
* Add --list-reports option for tj3 similar to tj3client.
* Ruby 2.0 is now the recommended Ruby version.
* Adding 'outputdir' attribute to set output directory for reports.
* 'auxdir' attribute is now also a global attribute.
Please see the change log
for a complete list of new features and bug fixes.
Developers and other folks that want to contribute are encouraged to check
All users of earlier versions are encouraged to upgrade to this release at their earliest convenience! Thanks to everybody who provided help and feedback for this release to make TJ an even better software!
TaskJuggler is a modern and powerful, Free and Open Source Software project
management tool. Its new approach to project planing and tracking is more
flexible and superior to the commonly used Gantt chart editing tools.
TaskJuggler is project management software for serious project managers. It
covers the complete spectrum of project management tasks from the first
idea to the completion of the project. It assists you during project
scoping, resource assignment, cost and revenue planing, risk and