Built-in variable with dock status (or more advanced enhancement)

Brett

Aug 12, 2010, 1:39:21 AM8/12/10
to Tasker - Feature Requests
I checked the TODO list, and didn't find this. I want certain tasks to
execute actions based on whether or not the handset is docked in the
car or home dock. I tried setting variables (like %CARDOCK=1 when
entering car dock, %CARDOCK=0 on car dock exit), but this seems
unreliable. I'd love to see a built-in variable with the current dock
status (either "car" or "home" or "none").

Alternatively, the IF task could be modified to be able to work with
any of the possible conditions, instead of just working with
variables. The UI would have to be re-worked a bit, but I think this
would be worth it in the long run.