Minimum tasker version in XML exports

Brett

Aug 12, 2010, 1:45:01 AM8/12/10
to Tasker - Feature Requests
With the speed of Tasker's development, I fear that there will be
severe fragmentation in the install base for Tasker. A quick scan of
an exported task tells me that there is no way to know which version
of Tasker was made for, and that makes it hard for Tasker to know
whether or not a particular exported task will work with the current
version. Tasker may add a new feature in a later version, which is
used by the exported task, but previous versions of Tasker do not
support it.

Firefox uses "minVersion" and "maxVersion" to keep track of this for
extensions. Maybe Tasker could do the same?

Emiliano

Aug 12, 2010, 4:34:43 AM8/12/10
to task...@googlegroups.com
These sounds important and usesfull
--
Emiliano

jorgesm

Aug 13, 2010, 7:33:01 AM8/13/10
to Tasker - Feature Requests
I think the only thing that needs consideration is backward
compatibility.

If you check for upgrades before importing any tasks, you'll have no
problems.