Trackball support on N1

SharkoZ

Aug 12, 2010, 5:16:29 AM8/12/10
to Tasker - Feature Requests
Hey,

Great job on Tasker. Actually the first (and only, so far) app I
bought on my nexus one.
I'm wondering if taking control of the trackball LEDs of the N1 was
possible? Because the "LED notification" only applies to the top right
corner leds if i got it right, and it doesn't seams to work when the
LED is already in use, like when the phone is charging. So I would
love to be able to take control of the trackball leds in order to have
an visual output for stuff even when the screen is off...
And second, but I know it's not yet possible, to handle click events
on the trackball to use it instead of the power button to wake the
phone for example... (yes i now it requires root but maybe some day?)

Thanks a lot anyway for this wonderful app

Stefan Sarzio

Aug 12, 2010, 6:28:10 AM8/12/10
to Tasker - Feature Requests
LED notification is for the trackball LED, not for the charging LED.
It only works when the screen is off. That's a limitation of the phone/
os.

Support for root actions is unlikely in the short term, AFAIK.