Toggle mobile data when checking location

Fubrite

Aug 4, 2010, 1:19:11 AM8/4/10
to Tasker - Feature Requests
Just thinking on the back of the 'Location without Tears' sticky -
would it be possible to add an option in the preferences to switch on
APNDroid (or Locale Powersave plugin, which is what I use) for the
duration of the monitor check and then turn it off - this would help
save battery by not requiring mobile data to be turned on all the time
to get a location.

Hope you're not getting too overwhelmed by all the requests, thank you
again for a fantastic product!

Fubrite

Aug 16, 2010, 9:31:17 AM8/16/10
to Tasker - Feature Requests
Just thinking about this again - you could also add optional toggles
for GPS (Wifi is already toggled, I know), this way, those functions
that are required for location fixing are only on during a monitor
check.

Cheers!

On Aug 4, 6:19 am, Fubrite <Ste...@fubrite.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Just thinking on the back of the 'Location without Tears' sticky -
> would it be possible to add an option in the preferences to switch on
> APNDroid (or Locale Powersave plugin, which is what I use) for the
> duration of themonitorcheck and then turn it off - this would help

Fubrite

Aug 17, 2010, 5:15:07 AM8/17/10
to Tasker - Feature Requests
Sorry, forgot to add this - an action to disable/enable monitor checks
altogether would be nice - if I'm at work, I don't need it to check
until near the time I need to leave...