LED notification blink rate and colour on my Nexus One

rodent

Aug 11, 2010, 7:34:40 AM8/11/10
to Tasker - Feature Requests
Trying to set up a notification for a Missed Call that flashes the LED
orange. Doesn't matter what I do, I cant get things to work properly.
I add a new context "Missed Call", and add new task "Alert->Notify
LED". When I hit the test mode, the LED will flash Orange after I
power off the screen, but it will blink VERY slowly (10 seconds apart)
- regardless of what I set the Rate to. It seems I cannot change the
blink rate from Tasker. But when I have an actual missed call - the
LED flashes the default white colour (not the Orange colour I set up
in Tasker), also at a very slow blink rate.

I am running an unrooted Nexus One with Froyo 2.2. I have a feeling
this is something to do with my phone and not Tasker, and I can't
change these blink rates unless I have root access. Is this correct? I
can't even see any settings within the phone to change the blink rate.
Any help appreciated.

rodent

Aug 13, 2010, 5:48:36 AM8/13/10
to Tasker - Feature Requests
OK, got the LED working okay in Test mode (stupid me had the rate at
1ms instead of 1000ms), but still will not work when I get an actual
Missed Call. It seems as though it is not overriding the phone
settings for the LED notification.