Clear Variables, Log to file, UI changes

SHADOW-XIII

Aug 3, 2010, 3:46:18 AM8/3/10
to Tasker - Feature Requests
Clear Variables:
Would be nice to have option in menu to wipe variables completely.
I have some old hags there and just to clear them I have to set up a
one-time task.
Same goes with listing variable values, an option for that would be
nice as I had to create a task for displaying them for debugging
purposes (and there is no good event for that so I set up on-screen-
unlock)

Log to file:
I also urge for log-to-file option. It is very crucial to monitor
what's going on with tasker
More important it would awesomely help people to diagnose their
problem (and in some cases posting the log would solve some issues
that people think are bugs - I've got rather advanced system with lots
of profiles and it keeps growing - it is getting harder to track what
happens, when and where)
Could be appendable up to 1MB for example and starting from
beginning ...

UI changes:
This is rather for major overhaul:
Changing names from current Context to Tasks, and from current Tasks
to Jobs
Grouping couple Tasks(Old Context) into Profiles, for example all work-
related into one expand/collapse list

JoshKemp

Aug 16, 2010, 2:46:37 PM8/16/10
to Tasker - Feature Requests
It's almost as if I made this post myself. I am having the same issues
as Shadow.

I'm far too lazy to create a task to clear each of my old hag
variables. There's just too many.

Logging is also needed by me. When you have 2 or more profiles that
affect a single setting, file, application... it would be nice look
over a log file and see what went wrong when something is not working.
We can do this now, but you have to setup each profile to write
certain things into a single file for logging, and that's too much
work for the end user.

On Aug 3, 12:46 am, SHADOW-XIII <shadow.x...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ClearVariables:

StarGoose

Aug 16, 2010, 3:58:13 PM8/16/10
to Tasker - Feature Requests
Yes, would love that too cleaning up. Even more so since I can't
remove 2 variables that are currently in my phone created with an
older version of Tasker.
These are variables with a name and a '-' in it. like &test-me

Pent, please !