Forcing tasker to connect to a specific bluetooth device

replicant

Aug 9, 2010, 9:00:17 PM8/9/10
to Tasker - Developers
Howdy, does tasker have the ability to force a connection to a
specific Bluetooth device?

Thanks, and fantastic product!

Tasker Support

Aug 10, 2010, 3:48:52 AM8/10/10
to task...@googlegroups.com

> Howdy, does tasker have the ability to force a connection to a
> specific Bluetooth device?

No, sorry. There's just not enough time to do everything :)

Pent

Brett

Aug 10, 2010, 4:04:19 PM8/10/10
to Tasker - Developers
I'd like to throw my name into the "list of people requesting
this". :) I know there isn't enough time, but it'd be great to
automatically Bluetooth connect to my computer when I get home.

Brett

Tasker Support

Aug 11, 2010, 1:52:10 AM8/11/10
to task...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brett,

> I'd like to throw my name into the "list of people requesting
> this". :) I know there isn't enough time, but it'd be great to
> automatically Bluetooth connect to my computer when I get home.

I'm a bit of a bluetooth innocent, does Android not auto-connect to BT
devices once they're
paired ?

Pent

Brett Gmoser

Aug 11, 2010, 1:55:39 AM8/11/10
to task...@googlegroups.com
> I'm a bit of a bluetooth innocent, does Android not auto-connect to BT
> devices once they're
> paired ?
>
> Pent

To be honest, you may be correct. My headset seems to automatically
connect, but my computer does not. I think the headset is initiating the
connection, whereas the computer doesn't constantly seek out my handset.
I have to manually connect it whenever I get home.

Brett

Stefan Sarzio

Aug 11, 2010, 3:54:03 AM8/11/10
to Tasker - Developers
That's right - Android doesn't auto-connect to devices - it's the
device that has to auto-connect.

Jason Sharpee

Aug 31, 2010, 11:29:14 AM8/31/10
to Tasker - Developers
Would like this feature also. I use BT a lot for both headset and
car a2dp audio.

What I have found is all devices I have run across will try to auto-
connect to the phone when turned on for only the "Phone" HFP/HSP
profiles. Problem I have is that I have two BT devices paired with my
phone, one is paired and enabled for HSP (my headset), the other
paired and enabled for A2DP (audio). My headset when turned on will
connect fine, however, the car radio only knows how to autoconnect to
HSP which on my phone it is not enabled (dont want to place calls over
the car stereo therefore I need to manually tell android to connect to
it. Having tasker initiate a connection would solve this problem for
me.

Kristofer Palmestål

Oct 12, 2010, 5:16:51 PM10/12/10
to Tasker - Developers

This would be a very usefull addition to tasker. It is one of those
annoying repetetative issues you buy tasker for to fix.

BTW, thanks for a great piece of software.

Hookman

Oct 23, 2010, 8:21:31 AM10/23/10
to Tasker - Developers
I'd like to add my vote for this addition, I see that it's in the todo
list as
BT initiate connection

Are we likely to see it anytime soon?

The reason I ask is I have a bluetooth audio receiver that doesn't
auto connect when in range. I have tasker set to enable bluetooth when
I launch my audio app, which is great. However, in order to connect
the bluetooth receiver I have to go out the audio app into the
bluetooth settings, which automatically disables bluetooth, so it's
not an ideal solution for me right now!

On Oct 12, 10:16 pm, Kristofer Palmestål

st2010

Nov 12, 2010, 4:35:28 PM11/12/10
to Tasker - Developers
I use bluetooth A2DP in my car for audio from my Android.. but its
doesnt `autoconnect` i have to manually select the `connect to` intent
page with the cars A2DP device.

i have dug around on the intents and actions (launcherPro has some
usefull intent shortcut browser builtin) and ive found the `connect
to` intent.. but i can work out what i need to do from there..

com.android.settings.bluetooth.connectspecificprofilesactivity
Message has been deleted

JasonG

Dec 2, 2010, 11:30:19 PM12/2/10
to Tasker - Developers
SL4A has a simple bluetooth connection example in python. It should
be easy to tie Tasker to it.

ryanfe...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2012, 7:36:17 PM7/1/12
to task...@googlegroups.com
I know this was from several years ago, but I was looking again for the solution to this problem and came up with, at least, a partial solution. An app called Bluetooth Auto Connect by a developer named refluxa has the ability to connect to specific bluetooth devices (that have been previously paired) and it acts like a Tasker plugin. So you can have a task that toggles bluetooth, then uses this plugin to connect to a specific bluetooth source. I know that some bluetooth stuff autoconnects, but some (Like my Creative D100) do not! So this is great for automation of stuff.

s...@samsession.com

Jul 5, 2012, 4:48:42 PM7/5/12
to task...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!   Bluetooth Auto Connect worked perfectly. I'm using NFC Task Launcher to read a NFC tag, turn on Bluetooth, call Tasker which kicks of Bluetooth Auto Connect. Now my phone connects to my car in seconds every time.

jim...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2012, 8:38:38 PM7/18/12
to task...@googlegroups.com
A2DP Volume does this.  It is free and open source.  Download it on the Play Store.  The project homepage is here: http://code.google.com/p/a2dpvolume/

There is an open issue on my issues list to integrate with Tasker for the force connect.  If Tasker users want this feature, it would actually be best to just integrate it into Tasker itself.  My source code is all available on that website.

Pent

Jul 19, 2012, 3:52:26 AM7/19/12
to Tasker - Developers
Hi Jim,

> A2DP Volume does this.  It is free and open source.  Download it on the
> Play Store.  The project homepage is here:http://code.google.com/p/a2dpvolume/
>
> There is an open issue on my issues list to integrate with Tasker for the
> force connect.  If Tasker users want this feature, it would actually be
> best to just integrate it into Tasker itself.  My source code is all
> available on that website.

That's good of you to mention, thanks.

I will probably see if the internal calls are still unprotected in
JellyBean and implement if so.

Pent

metalme...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2012, 11:32:07 AM8/1/12
to task...@googlegroups.com
I too am looking for this. I have 4 A2DP devices that I use on a regular basis and would love to be able to set which one to connect to based on certain conditions.
Message has been deleted

Pent

Aug 1, 2012, 11:52:03 AM8/1/12
to Tasker - Developers

belz...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2012, 9:08:07 PM8/8/12
to task...@googlegroups.com
Works great!

games...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2012, 2:06:21 AM8/14/12
to task...@googlegroups.com, seth....@gmail.com
@ Pent, I have downloaded the tasker plugin to all auto connect to my Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro; but it didn't work. I have set a profile to detect if bluetoot is connected to my phone then show a notification. However, Bluetooth GPS app when connects to my device, the profile fires up and the notification is shown.

Im wondering if it would be possible that you can integrate a "bluetooth nearby" option by trying to send a file or some kind of pinging the specified bluetooth device? I believe this would trigger that setting. Sorry I don't know Java or Android development, but this is what I have observed. Im a HTML,PHP, and CSS developer if that helps :) I would be more than happy to help in any way possible.

Regards,
Sinan

Pent

Aug 14, 2012, 2:42:19 AM8/14/12
to Tasker - Developers
PLEASE USE THE SUPPORT FORUM FOR QUESTIONS ON THIS SUBJECT:

http://tasker.dinglisch.net/forum

Thanks,

Pent

games...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2012, 3:53:04 AM9/7/12
to task...@googlegroups.com, ryanfe...@gmail.com
+1000000000

Thank you so much, it has been over a month for me trying to get my Hp Touchpad with CM9 auto connect to my phone, and Bluetooth Auto Connect app worked PERFECTLY :)
I'm a happy guy.

On with my profiles...

fms...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2013, 7:29:27 PM2/24/13
to task...@googlegroups.com, seth....@gmail.com
I would love to see Tasker take on this functionality. This would solve having to run multiple programs to have it connect to A2DP when in the car.

Pent

Feb 25, 2013, 1:53:34 AM2/25/13
to Tasker - Developers
> I would love to see Tasker take on this functionality. This would solve
> having to run multiple programs to have it connect to A2DP when in the car.

I prefer to work on things for which there isn't a free working
alternative.

Pent

chikma...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2013, 1:12:42 PM6/6/13
to task...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to have the a2dp app select a certain BT device instead of just bringing up a list I have the shortcut widget on my home screen but tasker only calls up the the app to give you the initial selection not a specific pre selected device

midoh...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2013, 4:08:56 PM7/20/13
to task...@googlegroups.com
Read the thread. BTAC does just that. By the way, thanks for the heads up on this plugin!

swied...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2013, 11:45:35 PM9/4/13
to task...@googlegroups.com, seth....@gmail.com
Secure Settings Plugin will do. Protip: you may need to download the "helper" from the settings and be rooted for this to have access to your BT devices.
This conversation is locked