Long running process with adb wifi

Sami Nopanen

Apr 2, 2021, 4:07:22 PM4/2/21
to Tasker - Developers
Is there some way to leave a Tasker ADB wifi process running indefinitely without a timeout?

I have a program on my device with its own screen saver. It turns the screen brightness to zero after five minutes of being in the background. Unfortunately, I can't just force-stop the app as it's doing some other things required to make the device work properly. I'm currently countering it with connecting to the device with adb and running:

  while [ true ]; do sleep 0.05; if [ "`settings get system screen_brightness`" = "0" ]; then settings put system screen_brightness 255; fi; done

I was hoping to be able to plug that command into Tasker ADB wifi, but it seemed that you could not turn the timeout off.

Any way around it?
Thanks!