Action Plugin No Empty Constructor - Crash

Kian Leiner

Jul 18, 2021, 7:22:35 PM7/18/21
to Tasker - Developers
Hello,

I'm writing an action plugin to interface with my app, and I'm having trouble getting it to work. Whenever I try to go to the action configure page (pencil icon) the plugin crashes, and generates the following error:

Caused by: com.joaomgcd.taskerpluginlibrary.NoEmptyConstructorException: Tasker Input class com.floogoobooq.blackomega.notificationreceiver.UpdateLocationInput must have empty constructor

My input class, UpdateLocationInput, exactly followed the instructions and the GetIP example from the Sample Plugin Library. What am I doing wrong here?

@TaskerInputRoot
class UpdateLocationInput @JvmOverloads constructor(
      @field:TaskerInputField("latitude", R.string.latitude) var latitude: Double?,
      @field:TaskerInputField("longitude", R.string.longitude) var longitude: Double?
)

Thanks!

-Kian

Kian Leiner

Jul 23, 2021, 2:38:54 PM7/23/21
to Tasker - Developers
Nevermind, I solved it. You have to provide default values for the variables in the constructor.