Fast Unlock with Proximity Sensor

Darren Smith

Aug 13, 2011, 3:19:37 PM8/13/11
to Tasker - Developers
Hi, I recently purchased tasker so that I could make my phone more
efficient by disabling the key guard, except when it is in my pocket
(proximity sensor).

The proximity sensor works, but in the help it mentions the need to
calibrate it. It does indeed need to be calibrated, it is not nearly
sensitive enough, but I cannot find anywhere in the program or help
that mentions how to do this.

The only way to remove the key guard is to set it to off, but then it
won't go back on when the screen turns off, so you need to have
another trigger to reenable it. It would be nice if there was an
action, "bypass the key guard now (once)".

I tried to find help online with this, but couldn't so sorry if this
is a known issue.
Thanks

Crafty Apps Support

Aug 14, 2011, 3:35:42 AM8/14/11
to task...@googlegroups.com
Hi Darrenm

> efficient by disabling the key guard, except when it is in my pocket
> (proximity sensor).

Unfortunately the Proximity Sensor is turned off when the phone is
off in order to save battery. In addition, the keyguard changes probably
don't work very well if you have Android 2.2 or higher.

So I don't recommend Tasker for this purpose and am happy to offer you
a refund if you don't need it for anything else.

> The proximity sensor works, but in the help it mentions the need to
> calibrate it. It does indeed need to be calibrated, it is not nearly
> sensitive enough, but I cannot find anywhere in the program or help
> that mentions how to do this.

In the help text it just says to cover and uncover it a couple of times.
On all the devices I've seen, the proximity sensor is either on or off,
there isn't anything in-between unfortunately.

Pent

sandp...@hotmail.com

Oct 15, 2011, 4:49:20 PM10/15/11
to task...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to:
Disable lock screen.. always. Then set up proximity sensor to turn on lockscreen when the screen is activated in your pocket (screen on sensor on, right?)

Crafty Apps Support

Oct 16, 2011, 4:07:48 AM10/16/11
to task...@googlegroups.com
I'm assuming you meant this from a developer point of view, since this
is the developer forum.

You should post general Android queries to Google's Android developer board
forum.

Pent

mur...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2013, 3:08:17 AM1/8/13
to task...@googlegroups.com
Did you find any solution for this problem? I searching any app that can do this, but can't find :( Most of apps turn on proximity sensor always on when device is sleep, but this is drain battery. I want to find the app or do this with tasker, when I turn on display via power button - turn on and check proximity sensor and if nothing near - remove slide-to-unlock. If you find some way, please describe...