Ability for Plugins to import projects/profiles/tasks

joaomgcd

May 28, 2014, 5:29:25 AM5/28/14
to task...@googlegroups.com
What if plugins could automatically import projects/profiles/tasks automatically into Tasker? There could be a whitelist in Tasker where the user could allow plugins to do this (and the first time a plugin attempted this, Tasker could show a popup asking the user if he allows it).  This would be a really cool way for plugins to get their users started, with some pre-made stuff. :) And would mean a hassle free experience for them.

It would also mean you could do some cool stuff with AutoRemote for example, where you could import a profile directly from your PC to your phone if you so wished.

The important part is that no plugin could do this without explicit user permission.

What do you think?
Thanks in advance
João

Pent

Jun 2, 2014, 6:40:00 AM6/2/14
to task...@googlegroups.com
It's conceivable for tasks, because currently there's an API for building and submitting tasks (in TaskerIntent).
Adding it for profiles would be too much work.

I guess rather than getting into permissions and tasks appearing mysteriously in the data, I would prefer
to add something to the task import option on the main screen. I guess clicking the task tab twice, import,
then if plugins were advertising tasks they could be listed there.

How does that sound ?

Pent

Pent

Jun 2, 2014, 6:40:31 AM6/2/14
to task...@googlegroups.com
In fact, I guess I'd extend that to any apps that were advertising tasks.

Pent

João Dias

Jun 2, 2014, 6:44:24 AM6/2/14
to task...@googlegroups.com
The idea for me would be that the user wouldn't need to interact with Tasker at all to import stuff. I can see how that may concern you though. I just thought that if the user gave explicit consent for that to happen that wouldn't be an issue. But I can understand that it's too much work. :)

It was just a thought, thanks for considering!

With that being said, yeah, importing a Task directly like that can also be useful. :)

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 11:40 AM, Pent <crafty...@gmail.com> wrote:
In fact, I guess I'd extend that to any apps that were advertising tasks.

Pent

Falco

May 5, 2021, 6:00:18 AM5/5/21
to Tasker - Developers
Hi João,

I am looking for an intent definition to send a project XML directly to tasker. I would like to give the plugin user the ability to import a project full of examples directly into tasker.
Intent.ACTION_SEND is not good enough. I will be ok as workaround because tasker is registered as an XML recipient, but I would like to send the prj.xml direct to tasker,

I did check https://taskernet.com/shares/ but it looks like the url protocol used for this download button does only accept taskernet Ids. I don't like hosting on https://taskernet.com/shares/ because I like to have version history and like to host the prj.xml in github.

I did only find intent definitions for Tasker Tasks in ActionCodes.java but "IMPORT_DATA" is marked as deprecated there.

Could you please tell me how to define an Intent to send an XML direct to tasker?

Kind Regards
Falco

João Dias

May 5, 2021, 7:58:40 AM5/5/21
to task...@googlegroups.com
Does exporting as a URI help? You can then import it with the Browse URL action :)

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Falco Schaffrath

May 5, 2021, 8:51:16 AM5/5/21
to task...@googlegroups.com
It is possible yes, I can use it, too.

João Dias

Falco Schaffrath

May 5, 2021, 11:32:18 AM5/5/21
to task...@googlegroups.com
Oh, thank you. Didn't read carefully enough.

Well regarding easy version control, I am not convinced if a compressed and encoded Data string is better than taskernet.com :D

I guess "net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.IntentHandler" is deprecated with "http" and "file" scheme

Unless Data URI is a simple zipped XML file (which I doubt) I will stay with taskernet. I don't implement this shortcut based on com.joaomgcd.taskerm.datashare.import.ActivityImportTaskerDataFromXml because it's limited to content provider which are a hassle to use if you want to skip document open. But I will use it like normal people with the android file manager.

If Data Uri is just a compressed human readable xml file with encoding, then I would like to know more about but. But I guess it's not XML, isn't it?