Tasker Android 11, toggle WiFi

Martin

Jan 24, 2021, 2:52:04 PM1/24/21
to Tasker - Developers
I would like to ask for advice. I use task in Tasker - http post (http request/post) where I need to send a command via phone data, not WiFi, and that even in case WiFi is on and connected. Until now I've been switching the WiFi off, however since now, newly, Tasker doesn't have authorization for "toggle WiFi" (Android 11, version One UI 3.0). Is it possible to send the data via phone data (even when WiFi is on) or to switch the WiFi off? Many thanks!

João Dias

Jan 25, 2021, 8:16:32 AM1/25/21
to task...@googlegroups.com
Hi there.

Google has changed the way Android works for apps that target API 29, so Tasker can't toggle wifi anymore. Check here for more details: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/128554616

If you want to better understand what "targeting" an API means, check here: https://tasker.joaoapps.com/userguide/en/target_api.html

.Can you please install this app on your phone and then try the "Wifi" action again from Tasker?

Make sure to exempt the "Tasker Settings" app (not only Tasker itself) from battery optimization (https://tasker.joaoapps.com/userguide/en/faqs/faq-problem.html#00) so that Tasker can call it in the background.

Even if you already have the "Tasker Settings" app installed, you need to install this new version for the Wifi toggle to work.

I can't upload this version to Google Play because it targets API 21 (which is why toggling Wifi still works with it) and Google only allows apps that target API 29 and over.

Note: your phone may warn you that this app is built for an older Android version. That's normal (and precisely why this app can still toggle wifi), so please dismiss the warning because it's nothing to worry about.

Thanks in advance.

Download here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B_cVPKDvIWQPmr3ZppymGvAKEinLsukc/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Martin

Jan 25, 2021, 2:20:35 PM1/25/21
to Tasker - Developers