Regular Expressions & AutoInput

Dave Williams

Dec 7, 2021, 1:32:44 PM12/7/21
to tas...@googlegroups.com
If you're not a programmer, I assume you've tried to avoid learning these complicated-looking monstrosites.  But unless you develop expertise with both of them, you will always be a Tasker novice.

Brenden M

Dec 8, 2021, 4:02:41 AM12/8/21
to Tasker
I've realized that and am undertaking the learning of regex as of earlier today haha. I have been lightly pondering AutoInput to figure out how to quickly swipe to do various actions...

Is there a good learning source for AutoInput? Anyone out know?

Dave W

Dec 8, 2021, 5:58:26 AM12/8/21
to Tasker
There are few books on regular expressions.  Buy one   Be sure they teach Perl-style regular expressions as used in Perl, Python and numerous other languages, and of course, Tasker. I don't know how to learn AutoInput other than through experience.  HTH