Smart charging on an always plugged in phone

Michael Wells

Jul 14, 2021, 1:44:22 PM (9 days ago) Jul 14
to Tasker
Hey all, I'm looking for something in Tasker that would let me preserve the battery in a phone that I use as a clock in the bedroom. I have already blown through two batteries because the phone is always plugged in (Can't have the clock stop working because the battery is dead). I'm looking to regulate charging, maybe charging to 90% and then letting it get down to 10% or so before charging again.

Is this possible in Tasker? I would assume that it is, but I'm not sure. I like using the phone for a clock due to its wide range of options, so I'm not switching, but I obviously don't want to keep ruining batteries(Luckily this happens to be a phone with both an AMOLED screen and a removable battery.).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Matthias Günther

Jul 14, 2021, 4:18:51 PM (9 days ago) Jul 14
to Tasker
If you are rooted, search in web for /sys/class/power_supply/battery/battery_charging_enabled and you will find an example, what to do
I think, there was an app anywhere which does the same.
If you are not rooted and your are a hobbyist, buy a cheap HC-05 BT Module, a relais and an Attiny85 and control this with AutoArduino and Tasker.
Time ago I found a solution near to this to buy.

jmjc...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2021, 11:12:20 PM (9 days ago) Jul 14
to Tasker
My solution is to buy a cheap (~US$15) wifi smart plug. You can then turn it on when battery is at 10% and off when battery is at 90% using tasker.

ktmom

Jul 15, 2021, 9:57:09 AM (8 days ago) Jul 15
to Tasker
IMHO, if the device is rooted, the best solution is ACC: https://github.com/VR-25/acc/blob/master/README.md