Latest AutoInput not properly detecting root ... ???

Soudane GMTA

Jan 21, 2023, 8:32:22 AM1/21/23
to Tasker
I'm running the lastest Tasker beta on my rooted Android-11 device. The latest AutoInput app was recently installed, and now when I go into AutoInput settings and try to enable "Root Settings", I'm being told, "Sorry, it seems like your device is not rooted. ..."

My device is indeed very much rooted, and all other root-aware apps are running fine in rooted mode.  Also, I am not using any of Magisk's features to hide root from AutoInput. Also, the "Use AutoInput" Accessibility setting is turned on.

Everything I'm doing with AutoInput in Tasker is working fine, although I don't know whether any of those AutoInput actions require root. I use AutoInput in Tasker for the "AutoInput Unlock Screen" function and also to manage some automatic clicks and selections during certain Tasker tasks, and that all works with no problem.

Could be that the "device is not rooted" message simply being shown in error in this latest AutoInput version?

João Dias

Jan 23, 2023, 11:35:41 AM1/23/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi there, thanks for the report! Can you please try this version? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_MCmNfnK4FpFB7HFOgkQxNKbtbmbb8Rs/view

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias