Better way to AutoCalendar?

Bill DeWitt

Jul 13, 2021, 6:16:07 PM (10 days ago) Jul 13
to Tasker
I'm digging into some of my older stuff to try to bring it up to date, but first I need to bring my knowledge up to date.

With autoweb and other things that are new (to me), is there a better way to check my google calendar? Autocalendar(beta) is working but I thought maybe things had improved.

What I want to end up doing is have my phone read a certain sub-calendar, and when there's a reminder, read the description and speak that description to me over the phone.

Like, "It's 8 o'clock on Thursday morning, Bill. Time to take the trash to the road."

jmjc...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2021, 3:49:20 AM (9 days ago) Jul 14
to Tasker
Create a profile with the Calendar Entry event. When a calendar event starts, e.g. 8pm, this profile will trigger and you can specify what you want to do in the entry task.

Bill DeWitt

Jul 14, 2021, 6:53:50 PM (9 days ago) Jul 14
to Tasker
See? That's how infrequent I have been working in Tasker. I didn't even know that was there. Thanks.
Apparently I need to work with it a while because it doesn't seem to read dependably, but I'm sure that's on my side. Maybe it takes a while to update Calendars or something.

jmjc...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2021, 11:03:43 PM (9 days ago) Jul 14
to Tasker
No problem. When you are stuck, share your profile description here (long click on profile name, 3-dot menu, export, description to clipboard and paste it here) and we can try to help.