Can't grant WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

woland66

Apr 28, 2021, 4:49:13 PM4/28/21
to Tasker

I am trying to grant WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS on a new t-mobile Samsung A32 5G and have no luck.
Tasker continues to say that there are missing permissions and
adb shell dumpsys package net.dinglisch.android.taskerm |grep SECURE_SETTINGS
does not return a line with "granted" in it.
If there is a solution -- I would appreciate any help.

jmjc...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2021, 10:25:26 PM4/28/21
to Tasker
Are you granting it from a PC via a USB cable? Did you try to grant other permissions and did it work?

woland66

Apr 28, 2021, 10:31:56 PM4/28/21
to Tasker

Yes, from PC (Linux) via a USB cable. I have not tried to grant other permissions since I did not need to (I could try if someone suggests what are the appropriate permissions and packages to try). I did successfully use other adb commands such as changing airplane mode radios and removing some bloatware so adb itself is fine.

jmjc...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2021, 11:18:00 PM4/28/21
to Tasker
I granted these:

adb shell pm grant net.dinglisch.android.taskerm android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
adb shell pm grant net.dinglisch.android.taskerm android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW
adb shell pm grant net.dinglisch.android.taskerm android.permission.DUMP
adb shell pm grant net.dinglisch.android.taskerm android.permission.READ_LOGS
adb shell pm grant net.dinglisch.android.taskerm android.permission.READ_CONTACTS
adb shell pm grant net.dinglisch.android.taskerm android.permission.READ_SMS
adb shell pm grant net.dinglisch.android.taskerm android.permission.READ_CALL_LOG

woland66

Apr 28, 2021, 11:34:52 PM4/28/21
to Tasker
Thank you! I do not know what was wrong.. my first try with READ_SMS seemed not to have worked. Then I added and removed SMS permission manually in the phone's settings. Adding READ_SMS worked in adb, so I tried WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS and it also worked.
Thanks again.

jmjc...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2021, 11:57:36 PM4/28/21
to Tasker