Pixel 7 (nonpro) wifi tether isn't working

Eric Bauer

Dec 9, 2022, 12:46:29 AM12/9/22
to Tasker

I just upgraded to a Pixel 7 (NonPro, Not rooted) from Samsung Note 10+. On the Samsung I had a profile that would turn on the hotspot when I connected to car's bluetooth, but with Pixel I'm getting [ couldn't enable tether: "Service Unavailable" ].

I was just curious if this was an known issue (I didn't see anything on here about it) or a me issue. Does anyone else have this phone and have this issue or is it just me?

I just wanted to know if I should keep investigating a fix (or figure out how I screwed it up) or just accept it as a known issue.

Y Kim

Jul 3, 2023, 11:31:18 AM7/3/23
to Tasker
Did you ever get this working?  I have same issue, I get same error, "service unavailable".  I'm running Pixel 7, Android 13.  Also tried TaskerSettings 1.2-1.6 apks, no success.

Is this function no longer compatible with newer Android versions/devices?