Project Export crashes

Raph

Aug 17, 2017, 6:32:32 AM8/17/17
to Tasker
With Tasker 4.9u4m with the latest App Factory, I just found that any attempt to export a project to an App or to XML force-closes Tasker. Has anyone had a similar experience? I would appreciate any help.

Pent

Aug 17, 2017, 12:23:28 PM8/17/17
to Tasker

On Thursday, 17 August 2017 12:32:32 UTC+2, Raph wrote:
With Tasker 4.9u4m with the latest App Factory,

They are not compatible, you have to use the latest Tasker with the latest App Factory.

Pent

Raph

Aug 17, 2017, 2:11:15 PM8/17/17
to Tasker

On Thursday, 17 August 2017 17:23:28 UTC+1, Pent wrote:

They are not compatible, you have to use the latest Tasker with the latest App Factory.

Pent

Can an incompatible App Factory be installed from Play Store onto an Android 4.3 device? Since Tasker 5.x would not be offered in Play Store for an Android 4.3 device, I would expect an incompatible version of the App Factory to also not be offered.

Pent

Aug 17, 2017, 2:29:36 PM8/17/17
to Tasker

Can an incompatible App Factory be installed from Play Store onto an Android 4.3 device? Since Tasker 5.x would not be offered in Play Store for an Android 4.3 device, I would expect an incompatible version of the App Factory to also not be offered.

Ah, by 'latest App Factory' I thought you meant the 5.0 version. No, you should not be able to get
the 5.0 App Factory version on any device you can't get the 5.0 Tasker version.

There must be something very specific to your situation causing the crash, since people have been using
those two app versions together for more than 6 months.

Have a look at crash.txt in the Tasker dir, maybe more details. Or enable Menu / Prefs / More / Popup Errors/Warnings.

Pent

Raph

Aug 17, 2017, 2:41:30 PM8/17/17
to Tasker

I agree with you. I have been using both together for quite a while without any problem. Then suddenly 2 days ago, I ran into the problem. Today, I tried something: I did a Data->Backup and then Data->Restore and rebooted the device. After this, I was able to Export my project to 'XML to SD'. That is some progress, I thought. But when I tried 'Export to App', I get the error "error: bad Tasker package version 5058, need 1608'.