"Test Task Was Ended" - Testing/Debugging Much More Difficult These Days

ri...@detreville.com

Jul 4, 2022, 7:58:58 AM7/4/22
to Tasker
Hi Tasker Users/João,

I thought this was kind of funny to find, but basically João brought up this same issue here many years ago long before purchasing and becoming the owner of Tasker. 😂😛

I swear it used to be possible to test/debug various tasks without it erroring out every time and saying "test task was ended." I'm trying to identify various possible %err error codes for a number of AutoInput Actions in a task but it's no longer possible to debug the task because the test task immediately ends every time an AutoInput Action action runs. I swear this did not used to be the case. Is there any way to make this behave like it used to so that we can actually use the debugging/test feature without having to create frustrating workarounds or additional tasks and actions just to debug?

Thank you for your help!

João Dias

Jun 19, 2023, 9:43:58 AM6/19/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
If you back out of the task and save it, and only then run it you shouldn't get that error anymore 😅

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias