Overlay with "Allow Outside Boundaries" cause bouncing

Anja Surig

Dec 4, 2022, 4:53:04 PM12/4/22
to Tasker
Hello,

blocking overlays with "Allow Outside Boundaries" cause bouncing up and down, if the statusbar is switched between displayed and hidden.

Overlay options:
Display as: Overlay, Blocking
Allow Outside Boundaries
Blocking Overlay +

Screenshot (comparison):
bouncingoverlay.jpg

When I check the values of the overlay with "Test Scene", the values don't change if I toggle the statusbar. A workaround by adjusting the overlay coordinates is therefore unfortunately also not possible.

Is this maybe just a small bug or perhaps a limitation of Android?

Best regards
Ansu

Happy

Dec 9, 2022, 4:31:53 PM12/9/22
to Tasker
I can also confirm this.
Tasker: 6.0.10
Android: 10

You can fix it temporarily by reading Logcat and then updating the coordinates.
But this makes it needlessly cumbersome and ADB is required.