Use a scene to create button on top of an app?

dougwzz99

May 21, 2024, 8:01:41 AMMay 21
to Tasker
Hi,

I have a few apps that require 2 or 3 swipes of the back button to exit. So I thought why not use scenes to create a small button to overlay the app that I could then click to run a task that would input the back button operations.

Problem is I can't find the right type of scene to achieve this. I can create the button scene, and attach the required task to run the back button operations. However I find that if I use an ACTIVITY or DIALOG scene the button works fine but I can't interact with the app underneath the button. If I use an OVERLAY scene I can interact with the app but the button then does not work.

Is it possible to create a scene that will overlay a working button on an app, and still allow interaction with app? Is there a better way to do this without using a scene?

TIA.

aa6vh

May 21, 2024, 10:05:55 AMMay 21
to Tasker
When I want to do some6thing like this I create a notification with buttons (I use AutoNotification). The notification is always accessible when running another app.

Rich D

May 21, 2024, 6:19:25 PMMay 21
to Tasker
Do not let the name fool you.. 'Overlay Blocking' is what you want to use. It only blocks what is under the scene, so you just need to make the scene just big enough for the button.
Message has been deleted

dougwzz99

May 24, 2024, 11:22:18 AMMay 24
to Tasker
Thanks for the help, 'Overlay Blocking' has done the trick.