export as app question

fuzzywu...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2024, 2:32:33 AM (11 days ago) Jun 22
to Tasker
Just wondering:
I have a couple of phones on which I would like to have the same "apps" for certain things so there is a fixed way things happen.

If I export as app:
are things like external sound files included?

João Dias

Jun 25, 2024, 11:16:17 AM (8 days ago) Jun 25
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi. No, external files are not included in the export. Hope this clarifies it.

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

fuzzywu...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2024, 12:57:21 AM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to Tasker
(Sorry for long delay in replying)

Ok, so this throws me a bit.

Each phone has it's own "structure" of directories.   Or it seems that way to me.

If I want a sound file (for instance) to be played......
On one phone it is ...... where ever it is.
and on the other phone it is in a different directory/path:

Things are not going to work.

Which then kind of defeats a lot of the good parts of exporting it as an app.

João Dias

Jul 1, 2024, 5:36:28 AM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to tas...@googlegroups.com
If you put the file in the same path on both devices it will work :)

You could for example put that file in your dropbox and then when the user runs your task it checks if the file isn't present, and if it isn't you download it from dropbox to the desired folder.

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

fuzzywu...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2024, 5:43:53 AM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to Tasker
I'm not that smart.

But some phones have SD cards, some don't.

And if I write an app on the phone with the SD card, the path to the file is different do the phone with no SD card.

So if possible I'd prefer to not rely on that as the way to do things.
But I don't mind using system directories.
I'm sure all phones would have a "music" or "sounds" directory.
So - I could put a directory in that called "effects" (or notifications) and manually put the files there before installing the app.

But I'm still finding my way around phone directories.

João Dias

Jul 1, 2024, 5:52:15 AM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to tas...@googlegroups.com
All phones have internal storage :) If you put your files in internal storage you can for sure replicate the same directory structure on every phone.

fuzzywu...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2024, 5:56:20 AM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to Tasker
Oh, yeah.   Of course.

Silly me.

Thanks.