paste clipboard action (either in Tasker or join)?

Matevz Leskovsek

Jan 16, 2023, 4:25:50 PM1/16/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
In tasker I only see get clipboard and set clipboard actions. Is it
possible to have paste clipboard action? I know this used to be
working in older Android versions with 'join' with the feature direct
typing. Now this feature seems gone (Google security issue I assume),
so is it maybe possible to create join action to paste clipboard
without manually making long tap(click) and clicking paste?

Matevz Leskovsek

Jan 16, 2023, 4:28:29 PM1/16/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
actually I can trigger it on remote device.. something gets put in
clipboard, and I want to have a shortcut or script to paste it,
instead long tap and clicking paste manually... ideas?

Matevz Leskovsek

Jan 16, 2023, 4:28:55 PM1/16/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
so remote device in this case is in my hand, hope it is clear lol

On Mon, Jan 16, 2023 at 10:27 PM Matevz Leskovsek

Matevz Leskovsek

Jan 16, 2023, 4:31:16 PM1/16/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
I guess it could be done here (atachment)?

On Mon, Jan 16, 2023 at 10:28 PM Matevz Leskovsek
image.png

Brian webb

Jan 16, 2023, 6:14:22 PM1/16/23
to Tasker
I think you want to use this

%cl_text
Text
Current clipboard text

Brian webb

Jan 16, 2023, 6:15:19 PM1/16/23
to Tasker
Screenshot_20230116_151430_Tasker.jpg

Matevz Leskovsek

Jan 17, 2023, 7:49:34 AM1/17/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yes but I want an action of actually pasting it without having to longtap on screen and clicking 'paste'

Robert Ryan

Jan 17, 2023, 8:21:38 AM1/17/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com, Matevz Leskovsek
You could use AutoInput

AutoInput > Action > Paste

Matevz Leskovsek

Jan 17, 2023, 8:52:15 AM1/17/23
to Robert Ryan, tas...@googlegroups.com
Wow thanks! Works perfectly and target can be set to focus, or xy location or textbox or even sorrounding text! This is a game changer as now I can drive all my devices with actual typing instead of just managing clipboard and sending tasker commands! I am surprised how this is not join's feature anymore? Joao I am sure you could integrate paste feature back to join clipboard management? I am sure some people will send embarrassing messages to their work emails, so probably don't make it default setting lol 😅

Brian webb

Jan 17, 2023, 4:09:58 PM1/17/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hey no problem. Each function will have a list of veriables like that list I showed you. I ususually saw them but never noticed what they did till I noticed

Brian webb

Jan 17, 2023, 4:12:43 PM1/17/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
One cool thing I would do is paste that cl_text into a function that writes to a text document basically making a clipboard that saved all my copies texrin a list for me

1wmpxt

Brian webb

Jan 17, 2023, 4:17:27 PM1/17/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yes you could post it to join. I was pasting it to a text file that Dropbox was synced to I was planning on having shared Clippboard between my laptop and phone but I never finished it. Still cool tho

1wmq5o

Matevz Leskovsek

Jan 17, 2023, 10:55:15 PM1/17/23
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Well actually the action of actually 'pasting it' was a revolution for me, as I already do a lot of actions from clipboard monitoring on all of my devices. Actually I am running an "input hub" -> whatever I speak to any of my devices, gets transcribed to text via google speech, translated to all languages via google translate, and the correlated (semantic google search correlations) results are being put in pocket app (previously instapaper) for my TTS review on specific devices (one for US/canada, one for europe, one for asiapacific/australia, and few custom for specifiic science fields). "Tasker and join" runs all that and it is incredible. Now when GPT will become mainstream all of this will change obvsly, but for architecture I will still use tasker and join. Thanks Robert Ryan for teaching me how to auto-paste on my grid, this is such a step forward it is incredible.