Project clone, global scope ...

e6p76...@snkmail.com

Jun 18, 2022, 9:21:31 PM6/18/22
to Tasker
Is there any way yet to clone a project and avoid naming conflicts of profiles, tasks, and variables?

Might there be an existing script which will open, modify, and save an exported project so that it can be imported without conflict?

Or can we define here some patterns that code would follow to make that happen? Like, open the XML, get all nodes named Foo and add something to the end of the node values to make them unique...

Is there yet any way to isolate a project so that its components don't have global scope? We value the idea that assets can be accessed across projects ... but sometimes not.

If this isn't in there yet, what's the thinking that has prevented its development?

Thanks!

João Dias

Aug 2, 2022, 1:01:27 PM8/2/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi! The only thing you have right now to isolate projects are the project variables, which will be only available in the same project.

Other than that, there's no way to isolate the project, sorry!

The thinking that has prevented its development is that it's such a niche condition that few people care about that it has not pushed me to develop it any further.

Hope this clarifies it!

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias