Two minute delay when device screen power/display is Off/Locked

David Spector

May 1, 2022, 8:53:37 PM5/1/22
to Tasker

I'm a beginner. My device is TCL A3 and is sold by Tracfone. It runs Android 11.

When I write a set of Profiles and Tasks to manage my screen power automatically when I rotate the device, it works fine when rotating the device quickly. But when I leave the display in Off/Lock/Sleep mode for more than just a few seconds, the device stays off after I rotate the device (to turn it on) for 2 minutes.

I have enabled the options required so that Tasker runs when the display is off.

The fact that the delay is always 120 seconds suggests that there is an app-checking timeout somewhere that I've got set to that amount, but I can't find it. The only Tasker Profile condition is on the sensor Orientation state.

David Spector

May 1, 2022, 8:56:19 PM5/1/22
to Tasker
Perhaps it is relevant that I have all cell phone processes disabled, as I don't use this device as a phone.

João Dias

May 10, 2022, 5:16:28 AM5/10/22
to Tasker
Can you please export your profile's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the profile in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias