Using tasker and Amazon Fire TV

Mike Mart

Jan 7, 2016, 11:27:48 PM1/7/16
to Tasker
So here's the deal, I've been learning tasker with my Insteon home automation to control it via voice control. I've pretty much figured everything with Insteon out but then I had a idea. Since you can turn on your TV and change the input with the Amazon Fire Stick I was wondering if there would be a way to use tasker and autovoice so I can say like "It's movie time" and it would use the Amazon Fire TV app if necessary to turn on my TV and change it to my firestick with KODI and dim certain lights. The lights and anything else I may want to do with my Insteon setup I think I have under control but the TV is where I don't know. I do have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 so if I have to use the IR for it I guess that would work but just not as convenient.
If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Like I said I'm still learning everything with tasker. I've done simple things like turning off my wifi when I leave the house and other simple things like that so I'm far from the most experienced with it.

SimonBG

May 6, 2016, 5:46:12 PM5/6/16
to Tasker
I can control FireTV through Harmony Hub (Bluetooth connection) and Tasker plugin send /expect. I would preffer a direct TCP/IP connection but the communication between Android FireTV app and FireTV device is encrypted so it's hard to reverse engineer it. Let me know if you need further help.