AutoInput UI Query

Ingo Korndörfer

Sep 9, 2021, 1:47:40 AMSep 9
to Tasker
I am using Auto UI Query to automate a few tasks with my Hornbach Smarthome app. I noticed that upon calling a task for the first time, the procedures runs through just fine, and clicks me through the menus to my devices and then turns the device of my choice off or on. However, when I come back a second time shortly after, the App is still in the last user interface window, ALREADY displaying the keyword I coded  UI Query to wait for, and then nothing happens. The description of the plugin says, it should trigger if the keyword is already there, or if it appears within the timeout. I found, however, it does not trigger if the keyword is already shown. Is that a bug or is it a feature?

ipk

Sep 9, 2021, 1:51:04 AMSep 9
to Tasker
Note: I am now working around this by calling UI query a second time, if the first time returns a "timeout", this time reading the entire contents of the screen and if my keyword is in there continue ... This works, but I am not sure whether that is really the idea.

jmjc...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2021, 9:44:01 PMSep 9
to Tasker
Are you talking about Field Text or Nearby Text?

ipk

Sep 16, 2021, 12:55:02 AMSep 16
to Tasker
Hmmm ... I would need some more clarification on this question. In my version, the App only seems to have one option to input text. I choose the "AutoInput UI Query" plugin, click on it, the click on the pencil (configuration), and then click on "Text" (where it says "Choose some text ....") and I put the word I am waiting for (in my case "Hallo", since this word appears in the App dashboard when it is ready).

ipk

Sep 22, 2021, 5:31:27 AMSep 22
to Tasker
Ok ... if nobody has an idea that is fine and I will keep running with the workaround. Joao ... if you are interested and I can help with debugging, just let me know.