Encryption in Tasker - Plugin available?

francwalter

Jul 3, 2022, 11:47:41 AM7/3/22
to Tasker
Hello

after years normally I forget issues I had in apps and they pop up again in my mind ;)
So with encryption, I asked this here several times:
10.3.2012:
https://groups.google.com/g/tasker/c/mRNpTDz22Qo/m/J_AgJBfhEjEJ
and 24.1.2015:

Now again, I "need" the Encryption Action, I want to create a Task for file en- and decryption.
But after many phone changings, I have at the moment the Google Play version without encryption, version 6.0.8-rc.
I dont know if I could find again my 15-digit Google purchase number from 29.2.2012
with this, I was able in older times to register the download version, when I read my old posts correctly.
The download version is 5 something anyway, and not 6.x, I even dont know if it does encryption anyway.

So maybe the easiest thing could be a plugin for encryption.
But there is none. Only some uneasy ways, like:

The good old Pent wrote in 2015:

"... Tasker uses these Android libraries:

import java.security.spec.AlgorithmParameterSpec;
import javax.crypto.Cipher;
import javax.crypto.CipherInputStream;
import javax.crypto.CipherOutputStream;
import javax.crypto.SecretKey;
import javax.crypto.SecretKeyFactory;
import javax.crypto.spec.IvParameterSpec;
import javax.crypto.spec.PBEKeySpec;
... "

Maybe it is possible to use Shell Action, or Java Action?

Strange that this issue is unsolved since today :(

Thanks for hints.
frank

João Dias

Jul 4, 2022, 5:58:46 AM7/4/22
to Tasker
I have a newer direct-purchase version available if you need it 😅 You'd just need a new license for it.

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

Frank Roehm

Jul 4, 2022, 6:06:11 AM7/4/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I want it!
Ill pay again for it, no worries.
Where can i get it and how can i pay?

Von: João Dias <joao...@gmail.com>
An: Tasker <tas...@googlegroups.com>
Datum: 04.07.2022 11:58:47
Betreff: Re: Encryption in Tasker - Plugin available?

> I have a newer direct-purchase version available if you need it 😅 You'd just need a new license for it.
>
> Thank you for your contact.
>
>    [https://s2.googleusercontent.com/s2/favicons?domain=play.google.com]*Join[https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joaomgcd.join&referrer=utm_source%3Djoaoappssupport%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dsignature%26anid%3Dadmob]*: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
>    [https://s2.googleusercontent.com/s2/favicons?domain=play.google.com][Bild-Link][https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joaomgcd.join&referrer=utm_source%3Djoaoappssupport%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dsignature%26anid%3Dadmob]*Tasker[https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&referrer=utm_source%3Djoaoappssupport%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dsignature%26anid%3Dadmob]*: customize/automate anything on your phone!
>    [https://s2.googleusercontent.com/s2/favicons?domain=play.google.com][Bild-Link][https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joaomgcd.join&referrer=utm_source%3Djoaoappssupport%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dsignature%26anid%3Dadmob]*AutoApps[https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joaomgcd.autoappshub&referrer=utm_source%3Djoaoappssupport%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dsignature%26anid%3Dadmob]*: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins
>
>     [https://c5.patreon.com/external/logo/become_a_patron_button.png][Bild-Link][https://www.patreon.com/joaoapps
>> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tasker/0d66b68c-e056-4582-bbf6-649798d9dba7n%40googlegroups.com[https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tasker/0d66b68c-e056-4582-bbf6-649798d9dba7n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer].

João Dias

Jul 4, 2022, 6:15:50 AM7/4/22
to Tasker
To purchase a license for the direct-purchase version please sign up as a Patron here: https://www.patreon.com/joaoapps
After you sign up I'll send the corresponding amount of licenses to you. :) Each $4 there grants you a license.

If you want multiple licenses you can sign up with a higher tier right away (for example $8 for 2 licenses, $12 for 3 licenses, etc) or just wait the number of months until the correct $ amount has accumulated.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias

francwalter

Jul 4, 2022, 6:42:49 AM7/4/22
to Tasker
joaomgcd schrieb am Montag, 4. Juli 2022 um 12:15:50 UTC+2:
To purchase a license for the direct-purchase version please sign up as a Patron here: https://www.patreon.com/joaoapps
After you sign up I'll send the corresponding amount of licenses to you. :) Each $4 there grants you a license.

If you want multiple licenses you can sign up with a higher tier right away (for example $8 for 2 licenses, $12 for 3 licenses, etc) or just wait the number of months until the correct $ amount has accumulated

Do I understand right: I become a Patron for 4.50 EUR for you, pay it, get the license from you and I can immediately quit (unregister monthly payments) Patreon after?
Thank for clearing :)

João Dias

Jul 4, 2022, 7:05:01 AM7/4/22
to Tasker
Yep, that's correct! :)

francwalter

Jul 4, 2022, 1:21:19 PM7/4/22
to Tasker
joaomgcd schrieb am Montag, 4. Juli 2022 um 13:05:01 UTC+2:
Yep, that's correct! :)

OK, payed.

João Dias

Jul 4, 2022, 1:31:55 PM7/4/22
to Tasker
Ok, replied there on Patreon! Thanks! 👍

francwalter

Jul 4, 2022, 3:14:11 PM7/4/22
to Tasker
Thank a lot, works :)

Frank Roehm

Jul 5, 2022, 12:04:30 AM7/5/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
One question remains: how does this version handle updates?
Are they in-app?
I don't find it in the menu or preferences.

Are updates maybe only for active Patreon members?
I cancelled my monthly subscription already...
Thank!

João Dias

Jul 5, 2022, 4:03:39 AM7/5/22
to Tasker
You can leave Patreon and always get the latest update from the link I sent you :) Glad it helps!

francwalter

Jul 6, 2022, 9:29:21 AM7/6/22
to Tasker
How do I know if a new version is out?
Is there a way to get e.g. an email on a new Tasker version?

João Dias

Frank Roehm

Jul 8, 2022, 2:34:40 AM7/8/22
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thank!
I found a way for me: I disabled updates in Google Play only for Tasker and when there is one I will see the pending update there.
Then I download it manually, selbstverständlich I have an own Task for it ;)
At the moment I installed 6.0.9 like that :)

João Dias

Jul 8, 2022, 5:34:30 AM7/8/22
to Tasker
Cool! :) Glad you figured it out!!

francwalter

Jun 27, 2023, 6:33:02 AM6/27/23
to Tasker
To be complete in this matter, here a command in Termux (which has a Tasker Plugin) to encrypt a file:

Encrypt with password:

gpg --batch --passphrase 12345 -c  file-to-encrypt.txt

Decrypt with password:

gpg --batch --passphrase 12345 -o  decrypted-file.txt  -d  file-to-encrypt.txt.gpg

Or encrypt with a password file:

gpg --batch -c --passphrase-file passwordfile.txt file-to-encrypt.txt

decrypt with password-file:

gpg --batch --passphrase-file passwordfile.txt -o decrypted-file.txt -d file-to-encrypt.txt.gpg

Could be (I think) used easily in a Task and then used for general en/decryption in Tasker with Perform Task Action (and e.g. par1 for the file, par2 for the password/passwordfile).
Unfortunately gpg does not encrypt whole folders, only single files. For directories it could be used e.g. gpgtar (from the  gnupg-utils). Or a script to read all files in a folder and encrypt each one in a loop, etc.

11:39