Turn wifi off action

Alex Jaxon

Jan 7, 2022, 6:45:55 AM1/7/22
to Tasker
So I know that android has been a dick about apps control with wifi.
I've installed the fix from the Devs. But I constantly get this pop up.

Is there another fix for this ?
Screenshot_20220107-095149.jpg

Screenshot_20220107-095154.jpg

Brenden M

Jan 7, 2022, 1:12:08 PM1/7/22
to Tasker
Try revoking the Location permission?? Does it still work to control your WIFI? Does that stop popping up?
Do you intend for the location to be needed?

My setup does the location access in the Tasker Profiles, and Tasker Settings is just needed for the WiFi control.

I don't think it's needed for the Tasker Settings app to function.
My WiFi profiles and tasks are turning on and off as expected.

My Tasker Settings app has "No permissions requested" displayed
I can't even give it Location access like your screenshot displays. The "Permissions" button is grayed out.

Dave W, BSEE,MSCE,OOP

Jan 7, 2022, 9:33:33 PM1/7/22
to Tasker
I don't turn WiFi on/off.  Rather it's on all the time. First, my phone has a BFB (big friggin battery).  Second,  I have a profile that detects when a WIFi is connected.  A Tasker widget changes color depending on which WiFi the phone connects to.  If the phone connects to a WiFi that I haven't pre-approved, the widget turns yellow and I hear the dreaded "Uh-Oh" alsrm. 🤣😂🤣😂

Alex Jaxon

Jan 10, 2022, 6:59:47 PM1/10/22
to Tasker
Fixed it thanks.
But I had to go into my phone settings long complicated way. Not through the app permission area as tasker and tasker settings are somewhat linked.

It still didn't control my wifi.

I assume the location the came up because of th "advanced wifi feature thing " that uses location as apart of wifi.

Scott Levey

Feb 10, 2022, 10:30:44 AM2/10/22
to Tasker
I have this exact same problem.  That screen keeps popping up with version 1.3 and 1.4.  I had to go back to version 1.2.

If there is anything I can do to help debug, let me know.

Pixel 6 Pro

João Dias

Feb 10, 2022, 10:49:04 AM2/10/22
to Tasker

Hi, can you please follow the instructions here: https://github.com/joaomgcd/TaskerSettings/releases/tag/v1.3.0
Thanks.
Thank you for your contact.

   Join: connect multiple devices (send pushes, remote SMS, notifications) on Android, Windows, Mac, Linux
   Tasker: customize/automate anything on your phone!
   AutoApps: add advanced functionality to Tasker via plugins

João Dias