can I use tasker to build/make a custom share option that shows up in Samsung's share dialog?

Anchal Nigam

Sep 22, 2017, 9:51:32 AM9/22/17
to Tasker
I have Tasker installed but cannot seem to find a way to do what I want. I know you can use Tasker App Factory to package a Tasker action as an app but I cannot figure out how to get it to show up in the share menu and how to extract the share details like text/link/picture/etc.

Rich D

Sep 22, 2017, 12:58:35 PM9/22/17
to Tasker Google Groups Post

I cannot figure out how to get it to show up in the share menu and how to extract the share details like text/link/picture/etc.

This needs to be done in the manifest so it is not possible with native tasker.  You can use the plug in 'auto share'  to get a tasker task or app factory app in the share menu.

Anchal Nigam

Sep 22, 2017, 1:08:05 PM9/22/17
to Tasker
I have AutoShare and now there are AutoShare, AutoShare Command, and AutoShare Intercept options in the share dialog. How do I get a Tasker task or app factor app in the share menu?

Rich D

Sep 22, 2017, 7:21:19 PM9/22/17
to Tasker Google Groups Post

I have AutoShare and now there are AutoShare, AutoShare Command, and AutoShare Intercept options in the share dialog. How do I get a Tasker task or app factor app in the share menu?

My wording was incorrect. Only the auto share options will appear in the share menu.  You then create a profile with a autoshare context. This profile will be triggered when the autoshare option is selected in the Share menu. It is not possible to have a custom name in the share menu. The best you can do is use the autoshare command Wich will show a additional menu that can contain whatever text you would like.

Tasker Pro

Sep 25, 2017, 3:47:47 PM9/25/17
to Tasker
It IS possible to have the custom AutoShare names/commands appear in the Share Menu. It is dependent on device/OS and even which app you're sharing from.

https://imgur.com/ZLDjI4m

Sometimes you might have to use the "AutoShare Command" generic icon one time in that app, and then subsequent times the direct command/share option will appear.

I think Android 7.0+ is required for this.

Anchal Nigam

Sep 25, 2017, 7:29:33 PM9/25/17
to Tasker
Understood. Thank you!

Anchal Nigam

Sep 25, 2017, 7:29:44 PM9/25/17
to Tasker
I see. I will give it a try. Thank you!

Anchal Nigam

Oct 4, 2017, 10:08:11 PM10/4/17
to Tasker
Do you know if this should work on a Suamsung S7 running 7? I tried to do what you say but it doesn't show up in the direct share menu.