How to send images to Image Shrink?

MrGreggles

Oct 1, 2021, 8:22:45 PMOct 1
to Tasker
Hi all,

First time with Tasker/phone automation and trying to find my way around.  So far I can:
  • Create and delete a directory (although I'm not sure why those changes show up when browsing within Tasker but not in the Gallery app).
  • Start up an app.
  • Use basic variables.
The main challenge: How to get Tasker to start up the ImageShrink app and process all images from a particular folder.

Manually it's done by selecting all images in the folder, hitting Send then ImageShrink which sends the images to a "shrunk" folder, then backing out of the further options like sending to Gmail or whatever.

Maybe by filling an array with all the images from the folder in question and using that for the Data field? (not sure how to do that)

Any guidance would be much appreciated.  :)

jmjc...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2021, 9:52:21 PMOct 1
to Tasker
What kind of image processing do you need? If it is something simple, e.g. crop, resize and etc., Tasker can do it without third party apps. You can process it within Tasker.

MrGreggles

Oct 2, 2021, 12:00:25 AMOct 2
to Tasker
Hey, thanks for your reply.

 I just need photos (original size) to be shrunk into another folder. I do this with ImageShrink manually at the moment but it's a tedious process because then the shrunk photos need to be put into a backup folder, as do the original photos, which also needs automating.

I realise now that it's not as simple as opening the ImageShrink app, as that just opens the settings. Manually it's done like this:
photos - select all.jpg
photos - imageshrink.jpg

That's the key part of the process, the other being similar: "Send" | "Save to Drive".

Any thoughts?

jmjc...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2021, 4:09:36 AMOct 2
to Tasker
Images are shrunk to a certain size and moved? Shrunk to a certain percentage, e.g. 50%, of the original or a certain absolute size, e.g. 1600x1200?

Looks very doable within Tasker.

MrGreggles

Oct 2, 2021, 5:30:50 AMOct 2
to Tasker
Yep, just to a certain resolution. From what I've read online it seemed that that wasn't possible. Maybe old posts. Can i request a nudge in the right direction? :)

MrGreggles

Oct 2, 2021, 7:41:40 AMOct 2
to Tasker
I've found the Load Image and Resize Image actions. How would you go about processing every image in a folder? I see there's a For under Task bit not sure how to tie that together.

jmjc...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2021, 11:22:28 PMOct 2
to Tasker
I can help you get started. Need a few information:

1. Where are the files stored? Which folder?
2. Where do you want the files copied to? Which folder?
3. What kind of resize do you need? Percentage? Or a specific resolution?