AutoSheets and "sign in" notifications

Duckredbeard

Sep 19, 2021, 10:52:57 PM9/19/21
to Tasker
I'll try to make this brief, but I have much info to share in regard to what I have tried...

I have a raspberry pi that monitors a few sensors on my keg fridge and it sends an AutoRemote message to my phone every 10 minutes.  That message is loaded with data in the form of a string of about 45-50 characters with some characters functioning as dividers.  Tasker gets this AutoRemote message and splits up the data into chunks that represent the keg fridge's temperature, pressure, volume of the kegs (by weight).  After populating variables, Tasker uses AutoSheets to add a row to the spreadsheet that tracks and displays the keg's status.  A log of my fridge's vital signs, essentially.

So the raspberry pi sends the message every 10 minutes (chronjob), my phone gets the message and creates variables and sends them to the sheet.  This happens very successfully except for the part about the sheet.  It seems that out of every 3 hours, one of the updates does not make it to the sheet.  I get a sign in notification that I need to sign in or a notification to send the error to the dev.

I have tried the following:
1. Create a new sheet and add an AutoSheets task to the task (like a redundant step).  Neither sheet gets updated on that task.
2. Change the sheet picker to use the ID instead of the name.
3. Run the task on a different device.
4. Have the AutoSheet task run from a different profile about 2 minutes after the scheduled Autoremote message.
5. Add wait steps in various places before and around the AutoSheets step.
6. Changing the "offline" settings.
7. Changing the "timeout" settings.

I added a "counter" variable that increments each time the phone gets the message from the pi and it does increment.  I see that when the sheet update error happens, the column for the "counter" does indicate the skip (subsequent line entries are properly incremented).  Funny is that I have other AutoSheets tasks that update other sheets quite often with no errors.

I can't blame this on internet connectivity, as I get the notification in various environments that have great connection.  Even as I am using the phone for internet dependent apps.  Often when I get the notification, I tap it and the AutoSheets task completes its update.

What is causing this random "sign in" anomaly?