receive whatsapp messages on 2nd phone

Volker Piasta

Sep 13, 2022, 4:24:10 PMSep 13
to Tasker
Is anyone aware of a way to receive incoming whatsapp messages on  2nd phone?
It appears to be impossible to receive an incoming whatsapp on 2 numbers simultaneously, but a workaround could be to forward incoming messages to another number. (Using a group to receive incoming messages does not resolve the problem if the sender of the message is new and not a group member)
Is anyone aware if tasker could do this and maybe direct me how to do it?
I have not used tasker yet, but I understand it would take a lot of time to maybe find out that it is not possible, so an answer in this direction could either help me resolve this task or avoid wasting time.
Basically, the process would be like this ("app" can be tasker or something else):
1) Whatsapp on phone 1 receives message, app registers phone number of caller and message content
2) App waits n seconds to see if message is being replied to from this phone
3) after timeout, app sends message and caller number to second whatsapp number with additional information that this is a forwarded message.
Could this be done and how?
Thanks.

Volker Piasta

Sep 13, 2022, 7:38:59 PMSep 13
to Tasker
In case someone has already made such a task, I would be interested in buying a user license .